Frances Ainsworth private Speech and Language Therapist for children North West UK Lancashire Merseyside Cheshire South Cumbria
Frances, founder of Tools 4 talking has a BSc Hons degree in Speech and Language Pathology and has worked for many years within the NHS and independent sector. She is registered with the Health Professionals Council and Royal College of Speech Language Therapists as well as being a member of ASLTIP.
Tools 4 talking has extensive experience in dealing with speech, language and communication difficulties.
If your child is a late talker or has delayed language the following training is available:
- Hanen – It Takes Two to talk for children that are language delayed
- Hanen – Target Word for late talkers
Tools 4 talking prides itself on working in collaboration with education and health. This is shown by the years of experience in working closely with education staff in order to officially accredit nurseries, childminders and schools.
Tools 4 talking can offer specialised knowledge of fluency disorders (childhood stammering) as the following training has been accessed:
- Lidcombe Trained for children 4-6 years of age – researched approach, in essence the treatment is that parents give feedback about stuttering and stutter-free speech during conversations with their children.
- Parent Child Interaction and Family Interaction for children 1 – 8 years - The main aim of this therapy is to identify the "interaction styles" within the family which may help the child towards more fluent speech. A key goal is to improve the family's confidence and skill in managing their child's problem. www.stammeringcentre.org
- Michael Palin course in direct strategies for children in primary schools
- Michael Palin course working with teenagers
In addition, Tools 4 talking can offer advice, assessment and therapy for adults who stammer . Please contact for further information.